As Nevada Farm Bureau's Young Farmer's and Rancher's We Are the Voice of Agriculture

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Keeping America Beautiful.....

I haven't done any posts on monthly holidays lately, so I thought maybe I should look up and see what was I might have missed for April.  I found that April is "Keep America Beautiful" month, which I do have to be careful, because while I love this earth we love on and want to keep it beautiful, I have a hard time with extremist organizations that think that keeping it beautiful means 100% 'green.'

Green is actually my favorite color, and the sign of life, living and growing, and when you are a raised in agriculture, I think that there is nothing more beautiful and amazing than the green of spring, of fields changing daily from brown to green and the sound of sprinklers chugging through those fields.


So, as we finish up this last week of April, I wanted to acknowledge the Farmers and Producers of American Agriculture that do so much to keep America Beautiful and Green.


April is also National Garden Month.....BIG SIGH!  Is it time already?  Well, with the weather we have had this last week, it sure feels that way, but the snow the week before still makes me doubt 'weather' or not we will be planting on time this year or not--the last two years have been later and later for planting, so we shall see, but it is still time to start thinking about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment