As Nevada Farm Bureau's Young Farmer's and Rancher's We Are the Voice of Agriculture

Monday, March 26, 2012

Young Farmers and Ranchers - America's Heartland



This is a great video from America's Heartland that showcases quite a few YF&R members from around the country--we were shown it on our tour buses in Michigan and then they put it online after we were home.  I thought it was really neat because I have come to know quite a few of the people showcased--some who are our close neighbors in Utah, some who I have gotten to know from serving together as state chairs.  Anyway, if you have a few minutes, it is fun to watch and see the diversity of American Young Farmer and Ranchers and at the same time, the similarities.  The Sawyers served as my Area Representatives for the last two on the National Committee.  The Coxes we have been friends with since we met them at a National Conference in Sacramento in 2009.  The Christiansen's are our neighbors across the state line--just a few weeks before I watched this video, I made salsa with some of their hydroponic tomatoes.  We met them at our first national conference in 2007.  I actually just met Brandon from the Batey farms this year at the conference in our state chair session.  And, of course, Chris Chinn was out national chair for YF&R a couple of years ago and has been a keynote speaker at our meetings before.  Farm Bureau makes the world a smaller place, and has really opened my eyes to the diversity of Ag in our nation.

No comments:

Post a Comment