As Nevada Farm Bureau's Young Farmer's and Rancher's We Are the Voice of Agriculture

Monday, January 23, 2012

Utah or Bust.....

Okay, everyone, where has the month gone??  Well, for some Farm Bureau members, the month was spent in the tropics, enjoying the beautiful weather of the great state of Hawaii!  Another great AFBF conference has come and gone.  Unfortunately, I only got to see pictures....yes, instead I opted to got the the National YF&R conference in Febraury, where we will be pulling out the snowshoes and thermals verses the swimsuits and surfboards.  I am sure it will be a great conference, though!!
And, We also have the chance to attend the Utah YF&R Conference in Midway, Utah this weekend, so, while that probably means MORE snow than tropics (again) it also gives me and the Smith's from Dry Valley, and about 6 others from Clark County, the opportunity to see YF&R operating at a state level in a way that we hope to someday reach in Nevada.

So, I will hopefully have a few good reports after this weekend, but don't hold your breathe in between waiting, I am sooooooo behind in so many things right now.  Besides, my dishwasher went out (AAAAAH!) which means I am washing by hand for 6 people and that is not acceptable, because normally the boys have dishwasher duty and I don't quite trust them to do it by hand.  Then my heating element went out in the middle of bread day and I lost four loaves and I am a bread maker so that threw me off BIG time.  Not to mention sick kids and all the other stuff life likes to throw at you! 

So, hope you all are enjoying a bit of moisture throughout the state as we are today!!  We needed it!  Check out the NVFB page for reports on the AFBF convention or go to AFBF.org  And hopefully I will be back next week with a repot on UTah's conference--did I mention the guest presenter was BAXTER BLACK!!  Woo-hoo!  Okay, so I grew up reading Western Horseman and Baster Black's poetry and stories, so I am pretty excited about that!  See you next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment