As Nevada Farm Bureau's Young Farmer's and Rancher's We Are the Voice of Agriculture

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Where Did I Go?

Well, So much for my great dedication to my weekly blogging for YF&R.  So much for a lot of things at this point.  My great state coordinator told me to look up a painting by famous artist Salvadore Dali about melting clocks--She said this is what happens to leaders when they are the only ones doing too much for too long.  I somewhat feel like I am hitting my head against a brick wall--and you know what they say about that, right?  Well, duh, it is the definition of insanity--doing the same thing over and over even though you keep getting the same result!! 
So, to the few of you out there who have read my blog and actually told me that you did and appreciated it, I apologize for my lack of diligence.  It seems that as spring comes, the work for me extends from home and family to yard and garden and more focus on the horses and other animals, to the point that I rarely even sit down at the computer any more, until I am forced to do so because certain things absolutely have to be done.  It is the end of the school year and soon they will all be home all day--wanting to go swimming, wanting the horses saddled, unsaddled, wanting to go somewhere, and ALWAYS needing something else to fix even thought I just fed them ten minutes before. I hope that you are not reading this in a negative way (but, I did kind of set the tone for that, didn't I?) because, really, it means that my life is full of richness and blessings, my time is not wasted on things of no value, even if it sometimes leaves little time for idleness that I might occasionally crave.  It means that I have incredible land to care for when some are crowded in concrete on top of each other and next to each other and never know the semll of rain on alfalfa or sage.  It means that I have animals to care for, calves to feed, chickens to chase and eggs to gather, and most of all that my children are spending time in the saddle and on four-wheelers.  We can laugh and run and yell and we are not bothering anyone else because we have so much room and wide open space to do it in.  So, instead of whining because I can never seem to get it all done, because the weeds are growing faster than I can cut them down, because the garden needs to be started sooner than I am ready, because the pasture fence needs repairing from the race buggies that took it out, I just try to see these things as the blessings they truly are.  And though my children will spend the next three months underfoot, there will be incredible moments that remind me that above all, they are my greatest blessings in the midst of it all. 
Quite often, that means that these many different time-taker-uppers take me away from YF&R, where more of my time is needed because I don't have the support structure that most states have.  It means that I am the ONE working on it.   The ONE trying to keep it going, the ONE that it all comes back down to, and so every-once-in-awhile, I might go MIA for some time in order to recharge my batteries, to build up my energy to keep building the program, with the hope that someday there will be many keeping it alive and I can fade into the supporting structure a bit, too.   So, if you are wondering where I've gone (is that a bit egocentric?  To think that anyone has even noticed that I haven't been YF&R blogging???) just know, that I am still here, that I am still dedicated to the building of NVFB YF&R, just trying to fly under the radar a bit until I can pick up enough speed to keep up with it all again.
Life is good, YF&R is awesome,  sure would love to share the wealth, so let's get going on getting others involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment